Premium Members will have greater access to The Vanguard Centre and our activities, without paying for individual sessions; an automatic card payment will be taken on a weekly basis, so you needn't ever worry about having money to hand when you arrive!
Taught Sessions: Premium Members can attend any or all of our scheduled Taught Sessions, and there will be no attendance fees to pay. You can attend seven, ten, or all of our sessions in a week, and there will be no charge!
Open Sessions: Whenever the Centre is open and a staff member is present, Premium Members can use the space for archery, training, sparring, reading, or generally hanging out. The majority of the Centre's equipment will be available, and anything else can probably be made available upon request. There will be no fee for coming along to do some training during Open Sessions.
Premium Events: We will try to organise some exclusive training and social events, on a somewhat regular basis, just for Premium Members.
Weekend Events: We may offer discounted attendance to Premium Members for some of our weekend events such as competitions, seminars, and workshops.
Price: To sign up for Premium Membership, we will take a Recurring Payment of £15 on a weekly basis. A 'Recurring Payment' is like a Direct Debit, but the payments come from your chosen card rather than directly from the bank account. The weekly fee of £15 is cheaper than paying to attend two single sessions per week, and you won't need to remember about making any payments in person, we will arrange it all for you.
To become a Premium Member, you must also pay for your membership at The Vanguard Centre, if you have not already done so. The price of membership is £20 per year, running from the 1st of September until the 31st of August annually. If you join in January or later, this is reduced to £15 for membership until the 31st of August. If you have paid membership this year in another AHA-affiliated club, then your membership at The Vanguard Centre is reduced to just £5.
When you submit this form, your message will be emailed to the Academy of Historical Arts administrative staff, who will respond as soon as possible. You will also receive an email copy of the message for your own records.
Once you complete and submit this form, you will be given the opportunity to arrange the recurring payments for your Premium Membership with your credit or debit card through the safe and secure Worldpay service. Your Premium Membership will not become valid until we have received payment.
Premium Membership Form
* required field.
Terms & Conditions, and Refunds Policy
Premium Members must still pay the annual membership fee at The Vanguard Centre.
Premium Members must be at least 18 years of age.
We reserve the right to alter the prices or any of the terms and conditions at any time, although we will give due notice in writing.
The minimum length of contract for Premium Membership is 12 weeks. After the first 10 weeks, it can be cancelled at any time with 2 weeks' notice in writing via a reasonably permanent medium: email is perfectly acceptable, a Facebook message is not. If you ask us to cancel your Premium Membership earlier than this, we may not be able to oblige, and we reserve the right to continue to collect the payments until the initial 12 weeks have concluded.
Cancellations & Refunds
You may request to cancel your membership of The Vanguard Centre at any time. This request must be in writing, via some reasonably permanent medium: an email to the organisation would be acceptable, but a Facebook message is not suitable. We will cancel your membership within a week of receiving your request in writing.
When you cancel your membership, you will no longer be a Member, and you will instead be a guest whenever you attend one of our activities, sessions, or events. You will not receive the discounts for Members anymore, and will pay the same rates and attendance fees as a guest.
If you cancel your membership within two weeks (fourteen days) of paying for it, we will provide you a full refund, unless you have used your membership to receive a discounted attendance fee at a session or event (or to sign up for Premium Membership or for the Blacksmith Club), in which case we will be unable to provide a refund. In other words, we can only refund a membership that has been unused.
The Academy of Historical Arts may be referred to hereafter as "the Academy" or "the AHA".
The "term of subscription" is from the moment the subscription becomes valid until the end of August. So a subscription that becomes valid in September 2016 will expire on the 31st of August 2017; a subscription that becomes valid in May 2016 will also expire on the 31st of August 2017.
We will keep your personal information to ourselves and will not distribute it to any third party. The data will be treated confidentially in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
We shall use an accredited third-party service to collect the payment, so that the service is PCI compliant and the payment will be taken securely. We will not see your card or bank details unless you choose to show them to us. Your data will be kept safe, secure, and private.
All Members of The Vanguard Centre must agree to the following terms: in consideration of obtaining membership to The Vanguard Centre and practising/performing any skills learned through the experience with programmes, courses, classes, related events and activities run by the organisation, all applicants must agree to the following:
1) I acknowledge and fully recognise that each participant will be engaging in activities that involve risk of injury, including permanent disability and death, or severe social and economic losses which might result not only from their own actions, inactions or negligence but the actions, inactions or negligence of others, the rules of play, or the condition of the premises or of any equipment used. Further, that there may be other risks not known to us or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
2) I assume all the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for the damages following such injury, permanent disability or death.
3) I release, waive, discharge and covenant not to sue the Academy of Historical Arts, The Vanguard Centre, their respective administrators, directors, agents, instructors, and other members of the organisation, other participants, sponsoring agencies, sponsors, advertisers, as well as Triquetra Services (Scotland) and all those associated with the above as regards to any and all incidents coming from participation in these activities.
4) I understand that the AHA, event producers, sponsors, organiser, and/or assigns may take my photograph. I agree that my photograph, including video photography, film photography, or other reproduction of my likeness, may be used without charge by the AHA, event producers, sponsors, organisers and/or assigns for any purpose as they deem appropriate, including, but not limited to, promotional materials, fundraising presentations or proposals, newspaper or magazine publication or posting on a website for promotional purposes.
5) I understand that the Academy of Historical Arts, The Vanguard Centre, and their representatives may ask for a copy of any media that I take or record during an event or meeting run by the organisation; I agree to provide the organisation with such media when requested. I also grant permission to the Academy of Historical Arts, The Vanguard Centre, and Triquetra Services (Scotland), to use this media freely. Similarly, I agree that the Academy of Historical Arts, The Vanguard Centre, and Triquetra Services (Scotland), may use for any purpose any media in which I appear.